Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Getting Old

I don't know when it started happening, but it seems that I'm getting old.  My brother and I went to lunch at The Cheesecake Factory and were met by a teenaged hostess who greeted us with a silent glare.  No greeting, no smile, not a single word.  I approached her and told her we would like to be seated for lunch.  She silently grabbed menus and started walking away, expecting us to follow her.  My brother started to do so, but I told him to stay put.  The hostess was halfway accross the main floor when she realized we were not behind her.  She turned and gave me yet another glare.  "Were we supposed to follow you?" I asked.  "Yes", she responded.  "Well you didn't say anything and just walked away, we weren't sure what you were doing", I snapped.  The hostess smiled forcefully, apologized and lead us to our table.  Apparently my brother was impressed by this little interaction, but I just felt old.  Back in my teens and early twenties, I wouldn't have cared about this shit, but apparently now bitchy hostesses and dumb ass teenagers piss me off.  

No comments:

Post a Comment